What? : Inspiration Point is located high above Tunnel View and the view from this location was made famous by legendary photographer Ansel Adams. You can enjoy the view of El Capitan cliff face, Yosemite Valley, and the south rim with Half Down at the end of the view.
Although it is a short hike (2.3-mile-long) there are lot of elevation gain on your way up and it may be difficult, 1,000 feet in elevation in just over a mile, plan for 2 hours hike.
Inspiration Point is higher in elevation than Tunnel View, give or take it is the same amazing view but from a higher perspective. I’m not sure this is a must visit location, but if you have the time and want an uphill hike it is a fun trail to do.
Where? : The trailhead for this hike is at the Tunnel View parking lot. Find a place to park your car and walk to the smaller south parking lot; in the middle of the parking space, you will see the clearly marked trailhead and steps that are leading up.
When? : Year round. Any time is a good time to visit Tunnel View and hike up to Inspiration Point.
Related Blog Posts:
- Yosemite National Park - How to plan your One-Day visit
- Yosemite National Park - Bear Pictures
- Yosemite NP – Hiking Mist trail to Vernal Falls and Nevada Fall
- Yosemite NP – Hike to Half Dome Diving Board
- Yosemite NP – Cloud Rest Hike
- Yosemite NP – 4 Miles Trail to Glacier Point
- Yosemite NP – Tunnel View to Dewey Point Hike
- Yosemite NP – Mariposa Sequoia Grove
- Yosemite NP – Wawona Pioneer Yosemite History Center
- Yosemite NP – Tioga Pass Road
- Yosemite NP – Tioga Pass May Lake Hike
- Yosemite NP – Tioga Pass North Dome Hike
- Yosemite NP – Tioga Pass Lembert Dome Hike
- Yosemite NP – Tioga Pass Tuolumne Meadows
- Yosemite NP – Tioga Pass Tenaya Lake
- Yosemite NP – Tuolumne Sequoia Grove
- Yosemite NP – Hetch Hetchy Visit Planning
- Yosemite NP – Hetch Hetchy, Wapama Falls Day Hike
- Yosemite NP – Hetch Hetchy, Laurel Lake Day Hike
Related Blog Posts: