What? : Series of impressive waterfalls viewing points, 5 minutes’ drive from downtown Hilo. This is probably a 5 minute, must stop attraction, if you are visiting or just passing through the city of Hilo.
Where? : Short drive west of downtown Hilo on Waianuenue Avenue.
Due note 1: There are no lifeguards on duty and neither area is safe for swimming.
Due note 2: There are restrooms and drinking water fountain at the parking lots (no fee).
My thoughts: this is a fun short stop at your day trip, with 30 visit you can cover all 3 locations and enjoy the impressive waterfalls view.
Link to other Big Islands Blog posts:
- Kauai - Island Visit and Trip Planning
- Maui – Overview, Visit Planning and Tips
- Big Island – Overview, Visit Planning and Tips
- Big Island – Beaches, Northwest Ocean Shore
- Big Island - Waterfalls at Wailuku River State Park
- Big Island – Pepeekeo Maikai Scenic Route
- Big Island – Driving North of Hilo, Northeastern Ocean Shoreline
- Big Island - Akaka Falls State Park
- Big Island - Waipi'o Valley
- Big Island - Pololū Valley
- Big Island – Drive through the island central high section
- Big Island - Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park