What? : This short hike over a paved trail twill take you through lush green rainforest to an overview spot for the 442 foot tall 'Akaka Falls. This is one of the most picturesque waterfalls in the Big Island and a very popular tourist attraction.
Where? : Drive north of Hilo 11 miles on highway 19 and you will see a clear sign directing to the park, turn left. The Park is located at the end of Akaka Falls Road (Hwy. 220), 3.6 miles SW of Honomu.
Link to other Big Islands Blog posts:
- Kauai - Island Visit and Trip Planning
- Maui – Overview, Visit Planning and Tips
- Big Island – Overview, Visit Planning and Tips
- Big Island – Beaches, Northwest Ocean Shore
- Big Island - Waterfalls at Wailuku River State Park
- Big Island – Pepeekeo Maikai Scenic Route
- Big Island – Driving North of Hilo, Northeastern Ocean Shoreline
- Big Island - Akaka Falls State Park
- Big Island - Waipi'o Valley
- Big Island - Pololū Valley
- Big Island – Drive through the island central high section
- Big Island - Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park