What? : There is no real vacation in Hawaii if it does not include few days at the beaches.
The Big Island is not different. In a short week or even two weeks’ vacation, you can’t visit the countless beaches the island has to offer.
I listed below the beaches
we visit and added names of other attractive beaches.
Where? : There are
beaches around the island but the most attractive, sandy and sunny beaches are located
along highway 19 at the north east section of the island, between Knoa at the
south to Kawaihae at the north.
All the west side
of the island gets a lot more rain from the northeast and has much less
Link to other Big Islands Blog posts:
- Kauai - Island Visit and Trip Planning
- Maui – Overview, Visit Planning and Tips
- Big Island – Overview, Visit Planning and Tips
- Big Island – Beaches, Northwest Ocean Shore
- Big Island - Waterfalls at Wailuku River State Park
- Big Island – Pepeekeo Maikai Scenic Route
- Big Island – Driving North of Hilo, Northeastern Ocean Shoreline
- Big Island - Akaka Falls State Park
- Big Island - Waipi'o Valley
- Big Island - Pololū Valley
- Big Island – Drive through the island central high section
- Big Island - Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park