What? : There are many things to see and do along the 41-mile-long drive between Hilo and Honokaa (Highway 19). The main attractions are Pepeekeo Maikai Scenic Route at it south section and Akaka Falls State Park as also the drive itself.
Where? : In this blog I will describe the drive on Highway 19 from Hilo to Honokaa. This is 41 miles drive and without any stop it will take you about an hour to drive it.
Link to other Big Islands Blog posts:
- Kauai - Island Visit and Trip Planning
- Maui – Overview, Visit Planning and Tips
- Big Island – Overview, Visit Planning and Tips
- Big Island – Beaches, Northwest Ocean Shore
- Big Island - Waterfalls at Wailuku River State Park
- Big Island – Pepeekeo Maikai Scenic Route
- Big Island – Driving North of Hilo, Northeastern Ocean Shoreline
- Big Island - Akaka Falls State Park
- Big Island - Waipi'o Valley
- Big Island - Pololū Valley
- Big Island – Drive through the island central high section
- Big Island - Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park