Trestle is a large bridge used for train and later a road crossing of Pudding
Creek Ocean opening.
The large wooden
structure span over the river opening and above the popular sandy beach below
The impressive wooden
bridge is 527 feet long and 44 feet high, with 34 uprights columns holding the structure.
Fun place for a
sunset walk along the ocean.
To the trail
crossing the bridge: From highway 1 at the north section of Fort Bragg you need
to drive to down to Glass Beach and before entering the Glass beach parking lot
turn right on the road going north, you can park right at the beginning of the
For easy access
to the beach, you need to drive on highway 1 north of Fort Bragg, cross Pudding
Creek and turn right into the beach parking lot.
Additional Blogs of nearby Parks:
- Highway 1, San Francisco to Fort Bragg – A Trip Planner
- Fort Bragg and Mendocino, CA - 3 Days Visit Planning
- Navarro Beach and Redwood Park
- Van Damme State Park
- Mendocino town and Headlands State Park
- Russian Gulch State Park
- Russian Gulch State Park – Fern Waterfall Hike
- Russian Gulch State Park – Devil’s Punchbowl Hike
- Point Cabrillo Light Station
- Glass Beach, Fort Bragg
- MacKerricher State Park
- Usal Beach - Sinkyone Wilderness State Park, CA (4x4 drive)