Russian Gulch State Park offer ocean cliffs with large sinkhole, sandy beach below the picturesque road bridge and lush forest canyon and waterfall.
In this blog I will provide information on the short hike to the headland trail and Devil’s Punchbowl.
This is a short and flat 0.5-mile loop trail.
Located only two miles north of Mendocino town and 7 miles south of Fort Bragg., just off highway 1.
The park is open year-round, if you are planning on staying at the campground check winter closing.
This is a very popular park and not large in its size, or with number of trails, at summer month and weekends it maybe overcrowded.
Additional Blogs of nearby Parks:
- Highway 1, San Francisco to Fort Bragg – A Trip Planner
- Fort Bragg and Mendocino, CA - 3 Days Visit Planning
- Navarro Beach and Redwood Park
- Van Damme State Park
- Mendocino town and Headlands State Park
- Russian Gulch State Park
- Russian Gulch State Park – Fern Waterfall Hike
- Point Cabrillo Light Station
- Fort Bragg - Pudding Creek Trestle and Beach
- Glass Beach, Fort Bragg
- MacKerricher State Park
- Usal Beach - Sinkyone Wilderness State Park, CA (4x4 drive)