I finally made
it out to Usal Beach, and I know for sure that I will come and visit here again.
steep, narrow 6 miles dirt road will lead you to one of the most beautiful and secluded
beaches in California, Usal Beach.
opening of Usual Creek nested in the coastal mountains and located in the southern
tip of the remote Sinkyone Wilderness State Park.
Note: I saw few YouTube about this beach and it looks like that during summer month and especially at weekends this beach, although "remote" is full with other people, cars and noise so it is probably a different experience to what I had.
I only drove to the beach, so in this blog I will not provide information about the state park
Start of the unpaved
one hour north of Ft Bragg on Highway 1, drive 30 miles until you will see on
your left the entrance to the dirt road.
miles (30 minutes) west of Leggett on Highway 1 from Highway 101. Look for mile
marker 90.88 on Highway 1. Turn north (right) unpaved narrow road.
Link to off-road drive starting point:
Link to the Usal Beach location:
You can visit
here year-round but it is not recommended when it is raining and right after,
let the road dray.
I visit here in
end of January but after 2 weeks without heavy rain.
Additional Blogs of nearby Parks:
- Highway 1, San Francisco to Fort Bragg – A Trip Planner
- Fort Bragg and Mendocino, CA - 3 Days Visit Planning
- Navarro Beach and Redwood Park
- Van Damme State Park
- Mendocino town and Headlands State Park
- Russian Gulch State Park
- Russian Gulch State Park – Fern Waterfall Hike
- Russian Gulch State Park – Devil’s Punchbowl Hike
- Point Cabrillo Light Station
- Fort Bragg - Pudding Creek Trestle and Beach
- Glass Beach, Fort Bragg
- MacKerricher State Park