What? : Zabriskie Point is one of the most iconic Death Valley vista point. From the viewing point, just off highway 190, you can see when looking west the amazing and yellow and brown rock formations. Farther below you can see the Death Valley floor and away in the other side of the valley Panamint Mountains covered with snow at the winter towering above.
This location is considered to be the best sunrise view in Death Valley.
Where? : The Parking lot is located on highway 190, 3.6 miles east of The Inn at Death Valley, 5.6 miles east of the park Furnace Creek Visitor Center.
When? : The recommended time to visit here is late fall, winter and early spring, summer is just too hot.
This will help you plan your road trip to this area and your Death Valley visit:
- Death Valley
- Death Valley Road Trip
- The Road from Mojave to Lone Pine
- My Eastern Sierra blog directory
- Lone Pine to Death Valley - hwy 190
- Mojave Desert – Highway 127 from Death Valley to Baker
- Beatty Nevada and Rhyolite Ghost Town
- Death Valley – Titus Canyon Drive
- Death Valley – Ibex Dunes and Saratoga Springs
- Death Valley – Striped Butte Valley 4x4 Drive
- Death Valley – Sidewinder Canyon
- Death Valley – Badwater
- Death Valley – Artist's Palette Drive
- Death Valley – Hiking Golden Canyon and Gower Gulch
- Death Valley – Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes
- Death Valley – Ubehebe Crater