What? : 4 mile, out and back trail, south of Badwater basin. This hike explores the 4 narrow slots canyons at this location. The tight slot canyons dig their way into the rocky walls creating narrow slot with dark passages, boulders, and dry waterfalls.
Where? : An unmarked gravel access road is located on Badwater Road 31.5 miles south of CA-190 (14 miles south of Badwater parking), between mile markers 31 & 32. The access road is less than 0.5 miles (0.8km) long and is accessible by any car.
When? : The recommended time to visit here is late fall, winter and early spring, summer is just too hot.
This will help you plan your road trip to this area and your Death Valley visit:
- Death Valley
- Death Valley Road Trip
- The Road from Mojave to Lone Pine
- My Eastern Sierra blog directory
- Lone Pine to Death Valley - hwy 190
- Mojave Desert – Highway 127 from Death Valley to Baker
- Beatty Nevada and Rhyolite Ghost Town
- Death Valley – Titus Canyon Drive
- Death Valley – Ibex Dunes and Saratoga Springs
- Death Valley – Striped Butte Valley 4x4 Drive
- Death Valley – Badwater
- Death Valley – Artist's Palette Drive
- Death Valley – Hiking Golden Canyon and Gower Gulch
- Death Valley – Zabriskie Point
- Death Valley – Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes
- Death Valley – Ubehebe Crater