Where? : hwy 190 from lone Pine to Death Valley is about 50 mile long and offer few places to visit.
What? : Visiting old and ghost towns, nice Mojave desert with Joshua Trees, year round running waterfall in the middle of the dry desert are the main attraction on this road before getting into the Death Valley NP.
Few blogs links that provides additional information.
This will help you plan your road trip to this area and your Death Valley visit:
- Death Valley
- Death Valley Road Trip
- The Road from Mojave to Lone Pine
- My Eastern Sierra blog directory
- Mojave Desert – Highway 127 from Death Valley to Baker
- Beatty Nevada and Rhyolite Ghost Town
- Death Valley – Ibex Dunes and Saratoga Springs
- Death Valley – Striped Butte Valley 4x4 Drive
- Death Valley – Sidewinder Canyon
- Death Valley – Badwater
- Death Valley – Artist's Palette Drive
- Death Valley – Hiking Golden Canyon and Gower Gulch
- Death Valley – Zabriskie Point
- Death Valley – Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes
- Death Valley – Ubehebe Crater