Salvation Mountain is a small hillside landscape art sculpture created by Leonard Knight (1931–2014) in the area known as “Slab City”, California Desert area of Imperial County, several miles south from the Salton Sea.
Slab City is an unincorporated un-organized community formed on public land. It known for attracting people who want to live outside mainstream society.
Slab City is also a popular destination for artists, musicians, and other creative types.
If you are looking for a unique and off-the-grid visit experience, then Slab City is the perfect visit destination for you.
located south of the Salton Sea, Imperial County, California.
From Indio drive 60 miles south on highway 111, you will reach the small community of Niland, here you need to turn left into Main St. keep driving out of the town for 3 miles, you will get into Slab City. Soon after and you will see the Salvation Mountain on your right.
- South East California Desert:
- Painted and Ladder Canyon, Mecca Hills Wilderness, California
- Bombay Beach and Salton Sea (CA)
- Anza-Borrego Desert State Park:
- Anza-Borrego Desert State Park (CA)
- Wind Cave - Anza-Borrego Desert State Park (CA)
- Lower Coyote Canyon - Anza-Borrego Desert State Park (CA)
- Ricardo Breceda Metal Sculptures - Borrego Springs (CA)