Where? : The park is located 12 more miles after Hana town (about 30 minutes’ drive), near mile marker 42 on the Hana Highway (Road to Hana), at this point the road to the west turns into hwy 31. This is the last official point of the road to Hana.
What? : The Oheo Gulch, also known as the Kipahulu Area, is the lower oceanside section of Haleakala Volcano National Park. The Oheo Gulch region is home to lush jungle landscapes, few hiking trails, many waterfalls, river pools, volcanic rocks ocean coast and more.
Pipiwai Trail is one of the most rewarding hikes and it is among my best Maui highlights list.
Links to more Blogs on Hawaii:
- Big Island – Overview, Visit Planning and Tips
- Kauai - Island Visit and Trip Planning
- Maui – Overview, Visit Planning and Tips
- Maui - Lahaina and the North West beaches
- Maui - Īao Valley State Park
- Maui - Haleakalā National Park
- Maui - The Road to Hana
- Maui - Oheo Gulch, Haleakala National Park
- Maui - The road on the back side of Haleakala (hwy 31)