Where? : Haleakala National Park is located at the large summit area of Mtn. Haleakala, at the center of east Maui island.
What? : A sleeping volcano mountain towering 10,000 feet above sea level and above the clouds. Mtn. Haleakala is Maui's highest point, all the summit and crater are of the mountain is declared as a National Park that offer hiking, viewing points and unforgettable sunset/sunrise opportunities.
Due note 1: For sunrise planning you needs to have park entrance reservation at the previous day (https://www.recreation.gov/ticket/facility/253731), you will not be able to enter the park without prior reservation!
Due note 2: bring warm clothes, this is 10,000f high mountain and it can be cold up there (especially before sunset or at night).
Links to more Blogs on Hawaii:
- Big Island – Overview, Visit Planning and Tips
- Kauai - Island Visit and Trip Planning
- Maui – Overview, Visit Planning and Tips
- Maui - Lahaina and the North West beaches
- Maui - Īao Valley State Park
- Maui - Haleakalā National Park
- Maui - The Road to Hana
- Maui - Oheo Gulch, Haleakala National Park
- Maui - The road on the back side of Haleakala (hwy 31)